PANIC
PANEL 1 We're inside a bunker deep below ground. The walls are bare concrete. Light is from florescent bulbs overhead. One of two survivors, John, sits on a bench attached to a wall scribbling away in a notepad when a noise off panel distracts him he looks up and to his right. He's dark haired in his early thirties with about three weeks of beard on his face.
CAP 23 three days after the event. Simon and I pass the time trying to figure out what happened: war, plague, zombies...
CAP It's gotta be zombies.
SFX Creeeek
JOHN ?
PANEL 2 John stares aghast as Becky, a Rastafarian chick in her early twenties enters the bunker through a door way, smiles and waves. Pale sunlight shines down from above onto the floor. Simon rushes in from the bathroom pulling up his pants. He looks similar to John but with lighter hair, and an anger management problem.
BECKY Hello!
SIMON What the $#!% ?
PANEL 3 Becky stands there looking around while ignoring the two men. John is to her left glaring at her, arms across his chest. Simon screams and points at her.
BECKY Nice place you got here.
JOHN The locked door wasn't meant as an invitation.
BECKY I figured while I was picking it.
SIMON @#$%ing fix it!
PANEL 4 Close-up on Becky as she shrugs and rolls her eyes.
BECKY Sorry chum. Don't think I could if I wanted to. Tiny screws. Biiig screwdriver.
BECKY Dunno why you're hiding. The apocalypse was sort of a bust. Everything's fine.
PANEL 5 Simon and John look at each other. John still has his arms across his chest and looks snide. Simon looks sheepish and apologetic. Becky has wandered off frame into the bathroom.
JOHN Told you we should have brought a radio.
BECKY(OP) Wow were you drinking out of the toilet ?
SIMON Pizza's on me.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment